Dear Parents, Caregivers & Whānau,
Kia ora koutou. It was a big relief to hear we are moving back to Alert Level 2 at the beginning of next week (Week 7, Monday 31st August). We look forward to welcoming all our students and staff back onsite at that time. Thank you once more to our parents and caregivers for the support and resilience you have shown through Alert Level 3. With the positive community response shown during our latest Covid 19 outbreak, we are in a place where we can begin onsite schooling for all students. Having a high level of vigilance, good hygiene practices, coupled with hard work we can maintain our status and stay at school. Let’s hope we can all make sure this happens.
For the remainder of this week, please ensure you continue with on-line learning at home. Yesterday teachers added a new round of on-line learning to the website for this week. There is plenty of learning available on-line. Some families may require a hardpack for your child. These are available for collection outside the school office. Please use the front entrance on Puhinui Road for access. If you require a pack please remember to use the covid tracing QR code to register. This will be on the table by the hard packs. If you do not have the tracing app, please sign the register book.
Currently we have a few students who are at school while their parents are at work. A reminder this is for essential workers only. Please ensure that this is maintained until Friday this week. From next week we look forward to seeing everyone back on Monday 31st August. Our start and finish times remain the same, with school beginning at 8.50 a.m. and ending at the usual time of 3 p.m..
Monday Drop-Off And Pick-Up Routines: Next week at Level 2 we ask that:
- Students do not arrive before 8 a.m. in the morning. The gates will remain closed until then. If possible we ask that children arrive from 8.20 a.m. and before 8.45 a.m.
- If you do come into the school grounds to pick up your child after school, can you please wait until 2.45 p.m. The gates will remain closed until this time.
- If you enter the school grounds please use the QR tracer code at the gates, or sign our contact tracing register booklets by the school gate. Before and after signing please sanitize your hands. We will have sanitizer on the table next to the contact tracing books.
- For enquiries throughout the day please make sure you come directly to the office.
SKiDS: Will operate as usual for before and after school care.
HEALTH AND SAFETY PROCEDURES: At Alert Level 2 next week, we must adhere to key health measures including:
- Good hand hygiene and cough and sneeze etiquette
- Staying away from school if sick
- Keeping the appropriate physical distance from others (in class this means no touching each other and keeping out of breathing distance)
- Cleaning and disinfecting our high touch surfaces daily
- Displaying QR code posters at our entrances and encouraging all of our community to download the NZ COVID Tracer App and use it if they come onsite
- Keeping a visitor register for anyone who cannot use the app and for other visitors who come onsite for a period of time.
We know all these things will help to keep our community as safe as possible. Because of these measures, your child does not need to wear a face covering while at school. They are allowed to wear a face mask should they choose to do so.
PAPATOETOE INTERMEDIATE: Enrolment packs were sent out on the 24th of July to families for Year 6 students who wish to attend Papatoetoe Intermediate in 2021. In zone enrolments should already be at the Intermediate as they closed on Friday, the 14th of August. However, Papatoetoe Intermediate is still accepting in zone enrolments. Out of zone applications close on Wednesday the 2nd of September. Enrolment forms can either be taken directly to the Intermediate or left at the Puhinui School office with copies of their birth certificate or passport attached. For more information please see the enrolment pack information already distributed or contact the intermediate school office.
Kedgley Intermediate School enrolments close on Thursday the 30th of October. Enrolment forms must be delivered to the Kedgley Intermediate school office by the 30th of October.
SCHOOL ASSEMBLIES: Unfortunately we will be required to postpone our assemblies at Level 2 until further notice. We will advise you of any change to this requirement which will be dependent on moving to Level 1.
A REMINDER OF THE GOLDEN RULES:
The golden rules set out by the Ministry of Health (MoH):
- If you’re sick, stay home. Don’t go to work or school. Don’t socialise.
- If you have cold or flu symptoms call your doctor or Healthline and make sure you get tested.
- Wash your hands. Wash your hands. Wash your hands.
- Sneeze and cough into your elbow, and regularly disinfect shared surfaces.
- If you are told by health authorities to self-isolate you must do so immediately.
- If you’re concerned about your wellbeing, or have underlying health conditions, work with your GP to understand how best to stay healthy.
- Keep track of where you’ve been and who you’ve seen to help contact tracing if needed. Use the NZ COVID Tracer app as a handy way of doing this.
- Businesses should help people keep track of their movements by displaying the Ministry of Health QR Code for contact tracing. Please use this when visiting the school.
- Stay vigilant. There is still a global pandemic going on. People and businesses should be prepared to act fast to step up Alert Levels if we have to.
SKiDS: Our after school providers are available for families who require before or after school care. To contact SKiDS, ring Becca at 0800 754 377. Text 022 473 0281 or email them at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please see our website for more information, or call into the office for a pamphlet. You can also visit them in the Tech Room before or after school if you wish.
Thanks Parents, we hope you continue to be well and we look forward to having all students back at school next week.