Dear Parents, Caregivers & Whānau,
BACK TO SCHOOL: On Monday 31st August, Auckland will be at Alert Level 2 which means back to school for all students. Please remember to have your child at school before the 8.50 a.m. school start bell. We will be following all Alert Level 2 Health and Safety procedures. We have 4 weeks of Term 3 learning left and we want to make the most of this time for the students. Apart from genuine medical reasons and the Covid-19 golden rules where children stay at home if they are sick, all other students should be at school every day this term. Please support your child and their education by making this an excellent term for attendance.
Monday Drop-Off And Pick-Up Routines:
At Alert Level 2 we ask that:
- Students do not arrive before 8 a.m. in the morning. The gates will remain closed until then. If possible we ask that children arrive from 8.20 a.m. and before 8.45 a.m.
- If you do come into the school grounds to pick up your child after school, can you please wait until 2.45 p.m. The gates will remain closed until this time.
- Please stay away from the classrooms and distance yourselves 2 metres apart in open waiting areas.
- If you enter the school grounds please use the QR tracer code at the gates, or sign our contact tracing register booklets by the school gate. Before and after signing please sanitize your hands. We will have sanitizer on the table next to the contact tracing books.
- For enquiries throughout the day please make sure you come directly to the office.
DRINKING FOUNTAINS CLOSED: Parents please ensure that your child is bringing a drinking bottle to school each day. The drinking fountains are closed during Alert Level 2 schooling. Please make sure bottles are named. We would like to promote students bringing water, or watered down orange juice. Please refrain from fizzy drinks.
ORDERING LUNCH: Please note there are no lunch ordering on Monday the 31st of August. Lunch ordering will begin from Friday 5th September, and then each Monday and Friday.
USING THE TRACER QR CODE: We continue to encourage all our parents to download and use the QR tracing app. If we all make tracing a habit we are helping keep Covid-19 out of our communities. Thank you for supporting us and our people.
SCHOOL ASSEMBLIES: Unfortunately we will be required to postpone our assemblies at Alert Level 2 until further notice. We will advise you of any change to this requirement which will be dependent on moving to Alert Level 1.
SKiDS: Will operate as usual for before and after school care, commencing on the 31st of August.
HEALTH AND SAFETY PROCEDURES: At Alert Level 2 next week, we must adhere to key health measures including:
- Good hand hygiene and cough and sneeze etiquette.
- Staying away from school if sick.
- Keeping the appropriate physical distance from others (in class this means no touching each other and keeping out of breathing distance).
- Cleaning and disinfecting our high touch surfaces daily.
- Displaying QR code posters at our entrances and encouraging all of our community to download the NZ COVID Tracer App and use it if they come onsite.
- Keeping a visitor register for anyone who cannot use the app and for other visitors who come onsite for a period of time.
We know all these things will help to keep our community as safe as possible. Because of these measures, your child does not need to wear a face covering while at school. They are allowed to wear a face mask should they choose to do so.
EARLY PICK-UPs: Sometimes parents will need to pick-up a child early from school, this may be because they are sick and need to go home, or they may have an appointment to go to. If for any other reason you need to visit the school, please ensure you go directly to the office. During Level 2 all visitors will be required to wait at the school office while we collect and arrange for your child to come to you. This includes morning tea and lunch breaks.
A REMINDER OF THE GOLDEN RULES:
The golden rules set out by the Ministry of Health (MoH):
- If you’re sick, stay home. Don’t go to work or school. Don’t socialise.
- If you have cold or flu symptoms call your doctor or Healthline and make sure you get tested.
- Wash your hands. Wash your hands. Wash your hands.
- Sneeze and cough into your elbow, and regularly disinfect shared surfaces.
- If you are told by health authorities to self-isolate you must do so immediately.
- If you’re concerned about your wellbeing, or have underlying health conditions, work with your GP to understand how best to stay healthy.
- Keep track of where you’ve been and who you’ve seen to help contact tracing if needed. Use the NZ COVID Tracer app as a handy way of doing this.
- Businesses should help people keep track of their movements by displaying the Ministry of Health QR Code for contact tracing. Please use this when visiting the school.
- Stay vigilant. There is still a global pandemic going on. People and businesses should be prepared to act fast to step up Alert Levels if we have to.
SKiDS: Our after school providers are available for families who require before or after school care. To contact SKiDS, ring Becca at 0800 754 377. Text 022 473 0281 or email them at email@example.com. Please see our website for more information, or call into the office for a pamphlet. You can also visit them in the Tech Room before or after school if you wish.
Thanks Parents, we look forward to having all students back at school next week.