Welcome to Puhinui School. Please check you reside within the school zone before proceeding to complete the enrolment process either online or in person at the school office. The school zone can be found here https://www.nzschools.tki.org.nz
Documents needed for enrolments:
As per Ministry of Education guidelines, Puhinui School is unable to accept out of zone enrolments. You can check if you reside in our school zone at https://www.nzschools.tki.org.nz
Please bring the following documents into the school office during school hours. Please not the office is unattended from 12:40pm to 1:40pm.
- Proof of address, such as rates, power account, phone account, tenancy agreement, to show that they live in the Puhinui School zone.
- Plunket book or immunisation certificate.
- Passport for child and parents if not born in New Zealand, which will show applicable visas.
- Birth certificate for those born in New Zealand.
Enrolments can also be done online. You can enrol your child by visiting
- Enter the Puhinui School code: 1448
- Use your preferred email address
- Click Login
Once logged in, click on pre-enrol new pupil, then click on edit to complete the enrolment form. As you go through each section, please remember to click save. Please complete each section.
New Entrant Information (Beginning School)
We have visits on Mondays from 8:50 a.m. until 10:50 a.m. Please attend as many Monday visits as you feel your child requires. During the visits, a parent or family member needs to accompany your child.
Prior to starting school, we would like your child to:
- Practise dressing and undressing himself/herself (in preparation for swimming lessons).
- Practise following simple instructions.
- Be able to close his/her school bag.
- Practise opening his/her lunch box and drink bottle.
On the morning of your child’s visits to school and on the day your child starts school, please be at the school office at 8:30 a.m.
If you would like to discuss any matters pertaining to your child’s schooling, please do not hesitate to contact the school. We look forward to your child beginning school and our association with your family.